Disrespectful things you should avoid saying to People.

Home Forums Blogging Disrespectful things you should avoid saying to People.

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    corede nelson
    Participant

Disrespectful things you should avoid saying to People.

It’s absolutely not a wrong thing when you are trying to catch a conversation with someone, but at a point when one of the party feels offended by some rude commentary, the whole point of the conversation is dead.

Sometimes, an individual could just utter some absurd commentary to you, and you just wonder “what the heck”.. or maybe the other way round, you saying the absurd commentary and end up regretting why you opened your mouth in the first place to talk.

Relax, while i highlight to you few statement that you should take note of.

1. Have you Lost some weight

Using this statement creates an insulting impression to the recipient, meaning he/she was once Fat and no one likes to be called Fat. Instead appreciate their new stature by telling them “you look good”

2. How old are you?

Personally i feel awkward when i have the curiousity to want to know the answer to this question, especially from someone I’m meeting on rare occasions, I’ll just think against it. It’s actually rude to ask someone of their age. Some hate disclosing their Age, so it’s not right putting them in that inconvenient situation.

3. You are fine today.

Really?, This give an insulting impression. A common statement here in Nigeria, Lagos, giving you the impression that your past dresses have been “not fine”.

4. Asking “Are you still single?”

This could mean alot to whosoever you are talking to. Either “it isn’t right to be without partner” or “you are getting old, when are you getting married”(west African parents).
    If you need to make enquiries about the persons Relationship, why not ask “Are you seeing someone recently”. He/She might still be searching or okay with his/her partner.

5. My Boss say’s I’m her favourite.

I see this as an act of pride especially when discussing with your co-workers, making this statement makes it seem like the rest of the workers are useless and you have been the only one that’s of good use to the company.

6. “I hate this or that(whatever it could be) When being offered.

Being picky when being served or showing an attitude of rejection to whatever was being offered to you depicts a disrespectful act to the Host or even the cook of the meal, painting the food to be rubbish.
    Rather you can act to Love the food, eat the little you can or rather make an excuse that you are not hungry or you ate something before coming.

Conclusion:
    Your talking manner could say alot about you.

Visit:https://www.lyfespec.com/2020/09/disrespectful-things-you-should-avoid.html?m=1

ayomidelalemi
    Keymaster

Nice one you got there mate.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.